Do you want to expand your mattress faster? Usually, a foam mattress takes 6 to 10 hours to expand properly. Warm temperatures are helpful to expand a foam mattress than usual. So, if you don’t know how to make memory foam mattress expand faster; then this guideline will be a “Time Saver” Weapon.
Expanding a foam mattress is a tricky part but not impossible. Mattress buyers have to fight to expand it. A quality mattress should be fight-free. However, some memory foam mattresses take time and effort to fully expand.
In this guide, we are going to show you the process of reducing time while expanding your memory foam mattress. You don’t need any expensive equipment or material to do this. Let’s go to discuss How To Make Memory Foam Mattress Expand Faster
How Long Does It Take For Memory Foam Mattress To Expand?
The process of a memory foam mattress getting bigger is like watching a magic trick in slow motion. It takes 24 to 72 hours for your bed to puff up from its compressed form to its whole, comfy self. But here’s the thing: the time it takes can vary.
How thick your mattress is is a significant factor. It might need more time to get to the right fluffiness if it’s bigger, like a fancy deep-dish pizza.
Another is room temperature. Warmer rooms play cheerleader, cheering on your mattress to expand faster. At the same time, better rooms are like a sleepy snail that slows things down.
After purchasing a mattress, you should wait for its expansion. Only use it after expanding. It will damage the mattress as well as its warranty. Memory foam beds that have just been bought need more time. They are more thick than other mattresses, which is why.
How To Make Memory Foam Mattress Expand Faster (step by step)
We know good things take time, and your mattress is no exception. Memory foam mattresses take 24 to 72 hours to expand. This guide will discuss how to make your memory foam mattress grow faster.
Step 1: Unpack Your Mattress
The first step in the expansion process is unpacking your mattress. It might seem easy, but taking the time to do it properly is essential. It can make a difference. This step is important because of rough handling or moving without thinking. This step is essential because of rough handling or moving without thinking about it.
- Use scissors or a box cutter: Cut when you open the box so you don’t cut or nick the cushion cover.
- Avoid using sharp objects: Keep knives, tools, and other sharp things away from the mattress.
- Please place it in the right spot: Place the mattress where you want it to grow because moving it out of the box can be challenging.
Step 2: Use a Vacuum
Let’s get the vacuum cleaner out now. Using a cleaner to remove air from the mattress can speed up the process.
- Select the appropriate nozzle: Put the brush or carpet tool on your vacuum cleaner. These nozzles won’t hurt the mattress as much.
- Run the vacuum over the mattress: Move the vacuum over the whole surface, including the sides. This action helps remove any trapped air more quickly.
- Apply gentle pressure: Don’t press too hard. You want to get the air out of the foam without hurting it.
Step 3: Adjust to Room Temperature
Room temperature plays a significant role in memory foam mattress expansion. Memory foam is sensitive to temperature, and a hot place can speed up the process. Following to help your mattress get bigger faster:
- Maintain an ideal room temperature: Aim to keep the room at around 70-72 degrees Fahrenheit (21-22 degrees Celsius). This range is suitable for fast-growth
- Use heating or cooling as needed: Use your thermostat or fans to regulate the room temperature, depending on the season.
Step 4: Separate the Mattress Layers
Many memory foam beds have more than one layer; taking them apart can help the foam expand. Here’s how to do it without causing damage:
- Gently lift the layers: If your mattress has many layers, pull them apart without breaking or pushing them.
- Allow air circulation: Putting the layers apart makes airflow through the bed easier and grows faster.
Step 5: Roll Around or Walk On It
This step might sound strange, but put a little pressure on the mattress. It can help break down memory foam cells, facilitating faster expansion. Here’s what you need to know:
- Use your body weight: Roll around or walk on different mattress parts. Be careful not to jump or use too much force, as this could damage the foam or the layers that hold it together.
- Rotate your pressure: Make sure you put your weight in different places on the mattress.
Step 6: Let the Foam Rest
When it comes to letting a memory foam mattress get bigger, it’s best to be patient. After putting pressure on it and trying to get the air out, let the foam heal. It needs to get back to its original shape. During this resting period, avoid putting any additional weight on the mattress.
Step 7: Avoid Adding Weight
Adding extra weight to the mattress can slow down the expansion process. Here’s why:
- Weight compression: Excess weight can press down on the foam, making it harder to return to its original shape.
- Uneven expansion: Putting on more weight can cause uneven growth, which can be painful in some places.
To prevent these problems, don’t put big things on the mattress or sit on it while it’s growing.
Step 8: Test the Mattress
Finally, once you’ve followed the previous steps, it’s time to check if your mattress has fully expanded.
- Look at the mattress: Check the surface to see if there are any bumps or odd spots that you can see.
- Check for uniformity: Put your hand on different mattress parts to see if they feel even and stretched.
How To Speed Up Memory Foam Expansion?
You already know two ways to make your mattress grow faster, but doing them right is essential. Both routes take time and careful attention to the steps. If you need more time, the second method might be a good choice, but be cautious to avoid issues. Follow our instructions closely, and don’t rush.
When using hot water to expand your mattress, there are two simple tips:
- Use a Big Container: If the container is small, the hot water cools quickly, and your mattress won’t get enough heat. So it’s better to use a larger container.
- Use Very Hot Water: The water must be boiling to work effectively. However, be careful not to use too much hot water as it can damage the mattress.
You can expect better results by considering these two tips when using the hot water method. Remember, whether you choose the first or second method, patience.
Finally, I would like to say that depending on the quality of the mattress it takes time to expand. However, you can expand relatively quickly using our methods.
Be sure to take precautions when expanding the mattress. Don’t rush. Consult a mattress expert before applying any method.
If you find more disagreements about this, feel free to let us know. You can email or inbox us to inform us of anything. Besides, if you face any problem, then leave a comment below the post. Thank You.